Been looking out by means of earlier threads right here, seen fairly a couple of about epoxy and previous basement flooring however none appear to handle pitted concrete. Hoping somebody right here can steer me in the appropriate path…
Late 1930’s dwelling, central Colorado. [Pictures here.](https://imgur.com/a/YVHI8OT)
We would prefer to have a usable basement that does not appear like a film set from the SAW collection, so we’re contemplating flooring choices and have settled on epoxy on the previous concrete for a number of causes: The ceiling is low, so something including peak could have us hitting our heads extra usually. The basement has flooded up to now, if it may occur once more I do not need to take care of any moist flooring, even waterproof vinyl plank as I think about the water may nonetheless get beneath that and be an absolute ache to dry out (plus the plank will add a small little bit of peak to the ground.)
I’ve had a pair contractors over to get quotes and it has been in every single place. One man quoted $44/sq foot (?!) due to the pitting within the concrete. I imagine he needed to grind down the ground a bit then fill with a compound, then do full flake.
One other firm quoted $11.50/sq foot — they needed to make use of a self-leveling compound then do the total flake. This firm has a flat $5/sq ft fee for full flake that they freely share when requested, however because of the pitting they need to do that costlier self-leveling compound to resolve the pitting. I’ve seen mentions on this sub about self-leveling compound being costly so maybe that is to be anticipated however is it wanted right here?
At 570-ish sq ft, $6300 appears a bit steep to get the ground performed (and we for positive cannot afford the $25k the opposite man quoted), however perhaps that is simply what it prices with the pitting? My solely concrete expertise is pouring new but it surely appeared to me like there must be a compound that would fill the pitting simply with out doubling the per sq ft price?
I am contemplating all of the choices, I might pay a contractor if that is one of the best route, I may attempt to deal with the concrete restore myself (though I might fairly not add a cap, because of the added peak) then get somebody to do the epoxy to cut back price… simply not likely positive what’s wanted right here and naturally getting a variety of blended recommendation from contractors.
Any recommendation or ideas tremendously appreciated. Thanks!
Edit: bot requested me to elucidate why I did not get 3 quotes — acquired a spread from about 5 cellphone calls, had 2 estimators over for a correct quote, had hassle getting appointments from anybody else. The truth is the 2nd quote I acquired, the man stated he’d get it to me inside 24hr, I adopted up in 2 weeks and was assured it was coming ASAP, adopted up once more in one other week, similar factor, adopted up once more in one other week and was instructed their timeframe did not match mine — I actually had instructed them no timeframe, no matter labored for them was high-quality with me. This time they stated, oh whoops we’ll get it to you instantly, waited a couple of days and eventually acquired it.